Who We Are
Brentech Data Systems Ltd. registered address is 3 Ongar Square, Dublin 15, Ireland, with a company number of 155880.
All your personal information shall be held and used in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR").
If you wish to contact us, please do so by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by direct mail to the above address.
What Data do we Collect and Why we Collect it
Brentech Data Systems Ltd. is a business to business software and services company only. We do not offer software or services to private individuals, only businesses. Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will only collect basic personal data about you, which does not include any special categories of personal information (often knows as "sensitive personal data"). The basic personal data we collect about you may include, but is not limited to, name, telephone number(s), email address, IP Address and business address.
We collect this information for the following reasons:
- a) In relation to clients, the lawful basis for which we rely on to collect and process your data is typically performance of our contractual obligations. We are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your Information. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your Information to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency.
- b) If you are not a Brentech Data Systems Ltd. client, we may rely on Legitimate Interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data to contact you further in certain situations. Our legitimate interests are usually to provide individuals representing a business with details of our products or services where they have requested such information or requested a software demonstration via the Website.
The lawful basis of Legitimate Interests also applies to data processing necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures, for example, in the case of enquiries concerning our products or services.
- c) In some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your Information in a particular way. We will collect and store details in relation to your consent to contact. To the extent that we are processing your Information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent, please contact us by email using the above details.
Why we Need the Data
For clients of Brentech Data Systems, the data we collect is necessary for us to provide the software, services and support to you that you have contractually engaged us to provide, and to assert our right to be recompensed in return for these services, as per our contract. If customers do not provide this information, we may be unable to provide the software, services and support requested.
We may also collect personal data for other communications to provide you with relevant information about our software, services, and support. These may include data for the provision of software demonstrations and other relevant product, service and support information, only where you have consented to receive such communication.
We do not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide the above-mentioned activities.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
What we Do with the Data
All personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff. Please be aware that your personal data may now be stored on a cloud-based system whose servers are located within the European Union.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely.
How Long do we Keep the Data
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it. The criteria that we use to determine retention periods is determined by the nature of the data and the purposes for which it is kept. We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
How we Protect the Data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed and is not accessed except by our employees in the performance of their duties.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), you have a number of important rights in relation to our personal information. In summary, these rights include:
- Right of Access: You have the right to ask us for a copy of the Information about you that we hold.
- Right of Correction or Completion: If Information we hold about you is not accurate, or is out of date, or incomplete, and requires amendment or correction you have a right to have the data rectified, updated or completed. You can let us know by contacting us at the address or email address above.
- Right of Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request Information we hold about you is erased. E.g. If the Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the Information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the Information. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
- Right of Data Portability: In certain circumstances, you have a right to receive any Information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You can ask us to transmit that Information to you or directly to a third-party organisation.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at the address or e-mail address outlined above. In making any request in this regard, please provide us with sufficient information to enable us to identify you. We reserve the right to request that you provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and / or to verify your identity.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
If you have any complaints about how we handle your personal data, please contact us so we can resolve the issue, where possible. If you need to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) in Ireland.
Access to Your Information
You can request a copy of what data we have on record for you or request any changes to that data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us via the address above. We must provide this data request for free unless the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive. We will respond to your query as quickly as possible and within 30 days of receipt of your request.